The Secrets To A Long & Happy Life
One of the most important concerns for the humankind is increasing the life expectancy. Almost every person in this world wants to live as long as possible and enjoy a good quality of life. This dream became possible with the advance of medicine and improvement of living conditions, but soon other factors that counteract our effort to live a long life appeared. Thus, today we confront with stress, pollution and ruthless diseases like cancer. What should we look at if we want to live even 100 years?
- Avoiding carcinogens, such as smoking and UVA and UVB rays.
- Consume less simple carbohydrates, which are found in sugar, pastry, high-fructose corn syrup etc.
- Keep fit, obesity is one of the factors which shorten your lifespan. Regular exercises not only keep you strong and fit, but it also improves your state of mind.
- Don’t sleep too much or less than necessary. The ideal amount of sleep is between 7 and 8 hours a night.
- Consume antioxidants, which are found in tea, dark chocolate, red wine, fruits, and vegetables.
- Use protection when involved in perilous activities. For instance, always wear the seatbelt when you are in a car or a helmet when you are on your bike.
- Consider taking annual examinations at the physician. Prevention is the best cure, while cancer and many other diseases are treated far more easily during the first stages.
- Reduce stress and depression. Be optimistic and don’t be afraid for no good reason.
- Be active. Find something satisfying to fill your time. The sense of fulfillment will help you live longer.
- Find a reason to live. Many people over 100 have suggested that finding an aim has helped them live so long.
- Train your mind through education. Longevity is correlated to high education everywhere in the world.
- Be grateful for what you have. See the bright side of things.
- Don’t allow resentment to rule your inner life.
- Be sociable. Having your friends close improves your mental state.
- Having a pet is considered to make you live longer, by reducing stress and offering pleasant companionship.
- Be aware of your mortality. When you keep in mind that one day your life will end, you tend to be more grateful for everything you have and this will also lead you to wise decisions and make you avoid risks.